With the current COVID-19 guidelines still in place, please see below for some minor changes at Beachside Health & Movement.
We are open for urgent care with our safety practices in place. We are available for advice and telehealth for all non-urgent care.
** until 11.59pm on Thursday, 2 September 2021 – the overriding guidelines are:
- Face to Face care will only be provided where adequate care cannot be provided via telehealth to a patient requiring urgent care.
The definition of urgent clinical care for this purpose is:.
DIRECT CLINICAL CARE (AND OTHER CLINICAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY NECESSARY TO SUPPORT DIRECT CLINICAL CARE) THAT PREVENTS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE/DETERIORATION IN FUNCTIONAL INDEPENDENCE NECESSITATING ESCALATION OF CARE OR IS REQUIRED AS AN ADJUNCT TO OTHER URGENT MEDICAL/SURGICAL INTERVENTIONS
For example, urgent clinical care;
- that avoids a potential hospital admission or emergency department presentation
- that avoids serious acute consequences or acute deterioration
- that prevents/delays the need for further specialist medical or surgical intervention
- that prevents an increase in care needs that would necessitate additional carer supports or change in accommodation needs
- that limits secondary complications post surgery
where deferral would lead to long term adverse consequences (ie. delays to child development)
Questions prior to attending your appointment at Beachside Health & Movement:
- Do you have a fever or respiratory symptoms?
- Have you been identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID case in the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from overseas or a yellow/red zone in the last 14 days?
- Are you awaiting a COVID test result?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate by your GP or DHHS?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please call us before booking an appointment or to reschedule an existing appointment.
Masks: Masks will be mandatory for anyone entering the clinic. Masks will be provided where necessary.
Cleaning and Sanitation: All the BHM protocols have and will continue to remain at the highest possible standard.
If you are isolating and require exercise or self-management advice...
1. Please book a telehealth appointment online or call us to organise a time that suits you better.
We look forward to seeing or speaking to you soon.