With the current COVID-19 guidelines still in place, please see below for some minor changes at Beachside Health & Movement.
We are open for urgent and essential care with our safety practices in place. We are available for advice and telehealth for all non-urgent care.
** 27-05-21 until 10-06-21 – the overriding guidelines are:
• Face to Face care will only be provided where adequate care cannot be provided via telehealth to a patient requiring urgent care.
For this purpose, essential clinical care is defined as:
• to prevent a significant change/deterioration in functional independence which would result in an escalation of care needs (e.g. an increase in frequency of treatment needed, an increased need for prescription medication due to a significant increase in pain, requirement for specialist input or review, an increase in care needs, and/or a substantial increase to anticipated recovery time associated with a delay in receiving services)
• to provide assessment and diagnostic services to clients / patients whose care have been delayed as a result of previous restrictions, with any further delay likely to result in deterioration in functional independence or adverse health outcomes (including access to diagnostic imaging services or assessment for prescription of assistive equipment and technology)
• to provide services that are essential as part of a broader plan of care with a medical practitioner (e.g. fitting a brace post-surgery)
• to provide services that are part of a conservative management plan to avoid or delay elective surgery (as agreed with treating team)
• to provide services immediately following elective surgery that prevent secondary complications or aid functional recovery (as agreed with treating team).
Questions prior to attending your appointment at Beachside Health & Movement:
- Do you have a fever or respiratory symptoms?
- Have you been identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID case in the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from overseas or a yellow/red zone in the last 14 days?
- Are you awaiting a COVID test result?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate by your GP or DHHS?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please call us before booking an appointment or to reschedule an existing appointment.
Masks: Masks will be mandatory for all staff. We also encourage patients to wear them when social distancing can't be maintained inside our clinic.
Cleaning and Sanitation: All the BHM protocols have and will continue to remain at the highest possible standard.
If you are isolating and require exercise or self-management advice...
1. Please book a telehealth appointment online or call us to organise a time that suits you better.
We look forward to seeing or speaking to you soon.